St Mary's Villas, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Convenient for Battle town centre and mainline station
- Popular no-through road location
- Flexible accommodation
- Smart self-contained apartment
- Planning consent for further bedroom and bathroom
- Ample parking
- Attractive landscaped gardens
**Guide Price £750,000 - £775,000**
An exceptionally attractive semi-detached Victorian villa comprising generous and flexible accommodation over three floors, part of which is currently arranged as a smart self-contained one-bedroom apartment. Also benefitting from ample parking and landscaped gardens. EPC D.
11 St Marys Villas is an exceptionally attractive semi-detached Victorian villa in one of Battles most popular and convenient no-through roads. Currently arranged over three floors and at present accommodates a self-contained one-bedroomed flat on the lower ground floor. Planning consent (reference RR/2017/1192/P) exists to convert the second floor into a further bedroom and bathroom.
The elevations are rendered and painted beneath a tiled roof. There is gas-fired central heating and sealed unit double glazing throughout.
The main features are:
• A pathway through the raised front garden leads to the front door and entrance hall with engineered oak flooring and cloakroom with WC, basin and plumbing for a washing machine.
• Glazed panelled doors lead through to the inner hall which in turn opens into the elegant and spacious sitting room with co-ordinating engineered oak floor, good range of fitted shelves and storage and an attractive marble mantelpiece with a slate hearth and log burner.
• A panelled door leads through to the dining room, also with oak flooring and glazed double doors leading out to the raised deck.
• A further opening leads to the kitchen/breakfast room which has an excellent range of painted wooden wall and base units with co-ordinating wooden worktops. There is a Belling 5-ring gas range cooker with double oven and separate grill, an excellent central island unit serves as a breakfast bar and incorporates a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps above. Built-in Baumatic microwave oven and Smeg dishwasher. A bright double aspect room with a pair of original working shutters to the rear and with views over the attractive garden.
• The first floor landing gives hatch access to the loft which has planning consent to convert into a further bedroom and bathroom. A panelled door leads to the principal bedroom, another bright double aspect room with a painted mantelpiece and cast iron grate and tiled hearth. One window overlooks the attractive landscaped rear gardens. Two steps up lead to the en suite bathroom with a free-standing bath, separate tiled and glazed shower cubicle, wash basin and WC, tiled walls and wood-effect vinyl flooring.
• Bedroom 2 is another generous double bedroom, again with a painted mantelpiece with cast iron fireplace and slate tiled hearth. En suite shower room with tiled and glazed shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin and WC, part tiled walls and vinyl flooring. The dressing room is an excellent walk-in wardrobe with separate dressing table area and a range of hanging storage. This is where the staircase to the proposed loft extension would be situated.
• The loft is part boarded and has Velux windows and, if converted, would provide another excellent bedroom with en suite bathroom.
• The lower ground floor is currently arranged as a self-contained flat with separate access from the rear terrace that leads into the kitchen/breakfast room with an excellent range of recently fitted wall and base units with quartz worktops incorporating a stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Neff oven and Neff integral dishwasher, AEG fridge freezer, AEG induction hob with overhead extractor, plumbing for washing machine and tumbler dryer.
• Inner hall with high quality wood-effect laminate flooring and an understairs cupboard.
• Panelled door to the sitting room, a bright double aspect room with a cupboard housing the Worcester gas boiler. Glazed double doors to the lower terrace.
• Bedroom 3 is a generous double room with a good range of built-in wardrobes and a raised recessed study area lit by a skylight above.
• The shower/wet room features an open no step shower with tiled walls, wash basin and WC. Marble tiled floor with underfloor heating.
There is a front garden with steps leading to the main entrance and a generous driveway providing parking for several cars.
The rear garden is undoubtedly a feature and is arranged over three levels. The lower level currently serves the self-contained flat and offers a generous paved courtyard garden and a substantial storage room approached via the separate entrance to the rear of the house, and a timber garden room.
Steps lead up to the raised deck, another exceptionally well appointed area providing ample space for al fresco dining, which is currently host to a garden bar. A further set of steps lead up to the raised lawn which offers access to the very useful summer house, which could serve a variety of purposes, including playroom or home office.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation