Boreham Lane, Wartling, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Beautiful location
- Quiet setting
- Lovely views
- Ground floor Bedroom & Bathroom
- 3,452 square feet
- Detached 1-bedroom annex
- Herstmonceux Village 2.8 miles
**Guide Price £1,100,000 - £1,200,000**
A beautifully located detached chalet-style house together with an excellent detached annexe, set down a country lane, commanding views over Wallers Haven marshes to the sea in the distance. Garaging for 4 cars, established garden and grounds of about 1 acre with further 0.7 of an acre woodland. EPC D
A beautifully located detached chalet-style house of 3,452 ft2 together with an excellent detached annexe of 741 ft2. The well-presented, flexible and spaciously planned accommodation includes a ground floor bedroom and en suite bathroom, there are picture windows to capture the maximum amount of sunshine and enjoy the views across surrounding farmland to the sea in the distance.
The elevations are brick, colour washed beneath a tiled roof, there is oil-fired central heating and sealed unit double glazed windows and doors.
The main features are:
• Enclosed entrance porch with quarry tiled floor and inner door to the spacious hall which has an oak floor. Sliding doors to a useful study fitted with shelving.
• The sitting room is double aspect to enjoy the views and has an oak floor, brick fireplace with wood burner and doors to the terrace. The dining/family room also has an oak floor and a picture window.
• The well-fitted kitchen/breakfast room has a 1½ bowl sink, working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath and wall cupboards above, Calor gas cooker with extractor hood above, oil-fired Aga in recess, plumbing for dishwasher, fridge/freezer, electric oven, two larder cupboards. Door to a sun room with tiled floor, good views and door to the terrace. There is also a door to the conservatory which has a tiled floor and two doors to the garden.
• Bedroom 5 has a range of mirror-fronted wardrobe cupboards, oak floor and en suite half-tiled bathroom with bath, basin in pine cupboard, shower cubicle and WC.
• A further part-tiled bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin in vanity unit, and WC.
• The utility room has a stainless steel sink set in a working surface, plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor and an excellent range of fitted storage cupboards along one wall, door to the garden.
• The first floor is approached by a wide staircase to the landing with airing cupboard.
• The principal bedroom is double aspect to enjoy the views and has fitted bedroom furniture and an extensive range of wardrobe cupboards and en suite fully tiled bathroom with bath, basin, WC and shower cubicle.
• Bedroom 2 is double aspect and has a range of cupboards and fitted drawers. Bedroom 3 has clothes hanging space and good views. Bedroom 4 is double aspect with good views. Half-panelled bathroom with bath having overhead shower, basin and WC.
This comprises a detached converted outbuilding which has been formed into a very comfortable and well-presented annexe of 741 ft2 also with views over Wallers Haven and with electric underfloor heating and solar thermal water heating.
It comprises a timber balcony entrance, living room/kitchen with wood burner, inner hall, double bedroom and bathroom with bath having an overhead shower, basin, separate WC. At one end of the building is a useful storeroom.
Brick and block garaging for four cars, two sections of which are open fronted. Two greenhouses. Open-fronted storage building. Further outbuilding providing workshop and three garden stores.
The gardens and grounds form a delightful setting to Rocklands, being approached over its own private drive and with ample parking. Adjacent to the house is a large terrace leading down to a covered entertaining area with paved terrace and fishpond.
There are various areas of lawn, gravel pathways, flower borders, a selection of shrubs and a small grass paddock. In all about 1 acre.
In addition there is a further 0.7 of an acre area of light woodland within 100 yards or so of the property, having gated vehicular access from Boreham Lane.
In all about 1.7 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£1,200,000Offers In The Region Of
Fir Toll Road, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
A rare opportunity to acquire an extended semi-detached family home in an attractive rural setting with views, equestrian facilities and useful outbuildings, in all approaching 25 acres and situated j...
Cuttinglye Road, Crawley Down, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10
*Best and Final Bids to be received by 3pm on Friday 21st July* The Brook is a large 6 bedroom detached property being offered for sale for the first time since it was built by the family in the 1960&...