Herstmonceux, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Beautifully presented
- Period Cottage
- Spacious accommodation
- Delightful south facing gardens
- Off road parking
- In all about 0.28 of an acre
- Walking distance to centre of village
**Guide Price £625,000 - £675,000**
An attractive Grade II Listed semi-detached cottage situated in the heart of Herstmonceux and offering excellent accommodation with character features, together with a delightful south-facing garden and ample off-road parking. In all approximately 0.28 of an acre.
Higham Cottage is an attractive Grade II Listed attached cottage which the present owners have, in recent times, undertaken sympathetic improvements to create a very comfortable home.
The elevations are part colour washed brick and part exposed brick beneath a tiled roof. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance lobby into dining room finished with part oak and part tiled flooring and stairs rising to the first floor. Sash window to the front with working shutters. Opening to L-shaped sitting room which is triple aspect with a sash window to the front and working shutters, part panelled walls and dado rail, inglenook fireplace with bressummer beam and wood burner positioned on a raised brick hearth. Exposed beams and a very useful pantry/storage cupboard.
• Step down to the L-shaped study area which has painted beams and a window overlooking the courtyard. Door leads through to the utility room which has space for a washing machine and tumble dryer, wall and base units and finished with a tiled floor and back door leading directly to the rear courtyard and garden.
• The kitchen has a partly vaulted ceiling and is positioned to the rear of the property with a window overlooking the courtyard area and garden. Finished with a range of Shaker-style base units complemented with quartz worktops; the central island is finished with an oak worktop. Space for range recessed within the chimney breast. Herringbone tiled splashback, painted ceiling beams, double butler sink, space for tall fridge freezer and for dishwasher.
• A door leads through to the rear lobby and cloakroom which is fitted with a white suite comprising WC and butler sink, wall and base units for storage with a wooden worktop; part panelled and painted wall. Back door leads directly to the terrace and garden.
• On the first floor there is a good sized landing with space for freestanding furniture. The principal bedroom is double aspect with a range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and en suite shower room fitted with a fully tiled shower cubicle, part tongue and groove panelled walls and white hand basin.
• Two further bedrooms, one with built-in cupboard wardrobe.
• Family bathroom with part tongue and groove panels to the walls, freestanding rolltop bath and white basin and WC.
• Staircase to the second floor with a further bedroom with built-in wardrobe cupboards and opening through to en suite shower room which is finished with a white suite comprising WC, shower cubicle and a glass wash basin.
To the front of the property is a small garden with paths to the front door, and to the side of the property is a generous parking area for several cars. A side gate leads through to the delightful rear gardens.
The attractive south-facing garden is partly walled and fence enclosed, mainly laid to lawn with a central feature pond and interspersed with mature trees and shrubs including a magnolia tree. There is a folly with wooden steps and balcony having views to the Downs and with potential for an office/art studio.
There is a brick paved courtyard/terrace creating a delightful sheltered and private setting for sitting and al fresco dining adjacent to an enclosed area with shed.
In all about 0.28 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Horsgate Lane, Cuckfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17
A superbly presented Victorian property situated in a quiet location within the highly sought after village of Cuckfield. This lovely family home boasts four well proportioned bedrooms, two reception...
Chilsham Lane, Herstmonceux, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
**Guide Price £625,000 - £675,000** An interesting semi-detached character house in a rural country lane location with some farm land views together with mobile home, stabling, paddock and g...