Witherenden Road, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
- Mayfield village about 1.2 miles
- Mainline station 4.1 miles
- Well-proportioned accommodation
- Now in need of refurbishment/updating
- Delightful rural location
- Established and mature gardens
- Light woodland and orchard
- Paddock with separate lane access
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,200,000**
A beautifully located Sussex-style country house (1937) in need of updating and situated in a wonderful stretch of unspoilt countryside with privacy and southerly views over farmland, yet only 1.2 miles from Mayfield village, with gardens and paddock - in all about 4.7 acres. EPC F
Drovers is an attractive Sussex-style country house, the elevations being part brick and part tile hung beneath a tiled roof. Built in 1937, Drovers has been a much loved family home for many years and offers well-proportioned accommodation arranged over two floors.
It is now in need of refurbishment/updating and therefore offers a fine opportunity to create a wonderful family home in a delightful rural location but still within easy reach of local amenities.
The main features are:
• Oak front door leading into entrance lobby finished with a flagstone floor with seating to both sides and feature circular windows.
• Off the inner hall a latched door leads through to a cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The kitchen is fitted with a range of wall and base units, has a window to the front of the property and an oil-fired Aga. Off the kitchen is a useful boot room/utility area with a butler sink, adjacent to the boiler room (note: the central heating boiler is no longer in commission). Lean-to enclosed storage area with space for a tumble dryer, finished with a quarry tiled floor and a door leading to an external covered area again providing useful storage.
• The dining/family room has leaded light windows overlooking the gardens and countryside views. There is a brick fireplace with brick hearth. Finished with a wooden floor and with a serving hatch through to the kitchen. A further door leads into a useful study.
• From the inner hall is a delightful sunroom with a wooden floor and door leading directly to the garden.
• The sitting room is double aspect, finished with a wooden floor and has an open fireplace with a brick and stone hearth.
• On the first floor there is a good sized landing and window positioned to embrace the long distant countryside views.
• The principal bedroom is double aspect and fitted with two wardrobe cupboards, has a brick feature fireplace and benefits from an en suite bathroom comprising a white suite comprising bath, separate shower cubicle, wash basin and WC and with a window to one side.
• Bedroom 2 is double aspect and benefits from the wonderful views, has a feature brick fireplace and a wash basin within a vanity unit.
• Bedroom 3 has a fitted wardrobe cupboard, wash basin within a vanity unit and brick feature fireplace.
• Bedroom 4 is a single bedroom positioned to the front of the property.
• The family bathroom is fitted with a white wash basin and bath and is adjacent to a separate WC.
Drovers is approached via a shingle driveway culminating in an area of parking and turning adjacent to the double garage.
The wonderful gardens and grounds form an established and mature setting either side of the drive approach and wrapping to two sides of the property. To the rear there is a sweeping lawn with herbaceous borders and a wide variety of interesting and colourful plants and trees including wisteria, rhododendrons, and an Indian bean tree.
There is a pocket of light woodland to one side and a very useful greenhouse/outbuilding (in need of maintenance) adjacent to a soft fruit garden.
A part brick and paved sun terrace is positioned to the rear of the property, together with an orchard area and a paddock with separate access from the lane.
In all about 4.7 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Honeybridge Lane, Dial Post, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13
This charming house sits at the end of a lane surrounded by its own extensive gardens and grounds with far reaching south easterly views over undulating countryside to the South Downs. It is approach...