Castle Street, Winchelsea, East Sussex, TN36
- Attractive Grade II Listed property
- Good sized garden
- In need of some updating
- 3 reception rooms
- 5 bedroom
- Popular location
- Rye about 2.5 miles
**Guide Price £750,000 - £800,000**
A desirable Grade II Listed end of terrace period house, with spaciously planned accommodation in need of some updating, and having the benefit of a west-facing wall and fence enclosed rear garden. Ideally situated, removed from through traffic, in the heart of the ancient town of Winchelsea.
A desirable Grade II Listed end of terrace period house in need of general updating, the elevations being brick, colour-washed and part tile hung to the front beneath a tiled roof. There is mains gas central heating.
The principal features are:
• Front door to full length hall with quarry tiled floor. Cloak/shower room with hand basin, WC and shower cubicle.
• The study and dining room both have brick fireplaces, exposed floorboards and have windows facing out to Castle Street.
• The sitting room has a double height ceiling, brick fireplace, stairs to the first floor and double opening glazed doors to the west-facing garden. Cupboard beneath stairs.
• The kitchen has a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink, working surfaces, cupboards and drawers beneath, wall cupboards above, plumbing for a dishwasher. 4-ring gas hob, cooker with extractor hood above, quarry tiled floor.
• Utility room with plumbing for washing machine, gas-fired central heating boiler and door to the garden.
• The first floor has a spacious galleried landing with linen and airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder, and two double bedrooms, both with former fireplaces. Family bathroom with bath having shower attachment, wash basin and WC.
• The second floor has a landing, with box room and three further bedrooms with sloping ceilings. Shower room with wash basin, WC and shower cubicle.
The west-facing fence and wall enclosed rear garden is a particular feature, and benefits from a good degree of privacy.
There is a paved terrace adjacent to the house, the garden in recent years has become somewhat neglected. It therefore now offers a blank canvas to create a beautiful garden like many of those in Winchelsea.
There is a right of way over the neighbouring propertys garden giving access to Castle Street.
Free parking is currently available outside the property in Castle Street.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation