Broad Street Green, Hooe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Handsome period 5 bedroomed farmhouse
- Excellent detached 3 bedroomed cottage
- Tennis court and swimming pool
- Planning permission to extend
- Beautiful gardens and grounds of 2 acres
- Superb newly created kitchen/breakfast room
- Garaging and outbuildings
A graceful and well-presented Grade II Listed 5-bedroom country house of 3,377 sq ft (together with an excellent detached 3-bedroom cottage of 1,256 sq ft) - a combined internal area of 4,633 sq ft - attractively located in this favoured rural stretch of countryside, with hard tennis court, heated swimming pool and grounds of about 2 acres.
Broadgreen House is a graceful, beautifully presented, Grade II Listed 5-bedroom country house dating from the 15th century with additions in the late 18th century. The elevations are brick beneath a tiled roof with an elegant front facade, being tile hung with sash windows.
The interior has retained many original features including exposed light oak timbering, brick and timber floors and inglenook fireplaces. The current owners have undertaken extensive refurbishment and improvements during their tenure with the creation of a wonderful kitchen/breakfast room.
The cottage has been completely renovated and has been run as a successful Air B&B. There is planning consent reference WD/2021/2944/LB to create a new garden room of about 240 sq ft and reconfigure the accommodation on the first floor.
The accommodation is arranged as follows:
• Front door to entrance hall with wood panelling and quarry tiled floor. Door through to the drawing room which is double aspect, with an impressive inglenook fireplace, oak bressumer beam and wide oak floorboards.
• The sitting room has a fireplace with wood burner, oak bressumer beam, brick flooring, wooden panelling, part glazed door to the garden and cupboard beneath the stairs. This leads through to the dining area with panelling and outlook to the front.
• The superb newly created kitchen/breakfast room is a wonderful feature of the property, with a luxury bespoke kitchen designed by Devol and comprising twin butler sink inset into Italian engineered quartz work surfaces with drainer to the side, range of base units with integrated dishwasher, shelved cupboards and built-in larder. Everhot cooker with three ovens, hotplates and four-ring halogen hob. Island unit with Italian engineered quartz work surface, breakfast bar, drawers beneath and wine cooler. Eye-level cupboard with fitted concealed television. Exposed floorboards, brick fireplace with oak bressumer beam, attractive sash windows with shutters and part-glazed door to the garden.
• To the east of the house is a large rear hall/utility area fitted with a glazed sink, with work surfaces having fridge and electric cooker beneath, quarry tiled floor, door to garden and cloakroom with basin, WC and quarry tiled floor.
• To the rear of the house is a sunroom which has doors to the terrace and garden.
• The lower ground floor is approached via a staircase adjoining the kitchen and via steps from the rear terrace, and comprises an excellent boot room with Travertine flooring, cloaks cupboards and bench seat, with doors to the utility room with beech work surfaces, inset butler sink, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble drier, and heated towel rail. Cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
• The first floor is approached via two staircases, the principal one has impressive oak bannisters, to a landing with exposed floorboards.
• The master bedroom is triple aspect with walk-in wardrobe and adjacent large bathroom with roll top bath, basin, WC and separate shower cubicle.
• The secondary landing has linen cupboards, and there are four further bedrooms and a family shower room.
• Generous, accessible loft space with potential for additional bedroom(s) plus bathroom and/or workspace (subject to planning consent).
This stands to the east of the house and is a very attractive brick and tile building which has been comprehensively and stylishly refurbished by the current owners, and is currently run very successfully as an Airbnb (average income of £40,000-£50,000 p.a.) Broadgreen Airbnb.
The accommodation comprises:
• Front door to the spacious reception hall and utility area with plumbing for washing machine and space for fridge. Tiled flooring.
• Large kitchen/dining room with butler sink inset into beech work surfaces extending to breakfast bar with cupboards and drawers beneath and space for electric cooker with extractor hood above. Space for dining table. Exposed oak ceiling timbering and double glazed doors leading to the garden.
• A wide opening leads into the sitting room which has a wonderful aspect over the garden.
• Double bedroom and bathroom.
• The first floor has two further double bedrooms and shower room.
• The gardens are hedge enclosed and enjoy a good deal of privacy from the principal house.
Gardens and Grounds
The house is approached via a shared driveway and through electrically operated double opening gates with estate fencing to either side onto a gravelled parking/turning area for a good number of vehicles with a central circular rose bed.
The current owners have undertaken extensive upgrading and replanting of the garden, which forms an attractive backdrop to the property, with terraces, expanses of lawn, herbaceous borders, established trees and shrubs and a pond.
Attached to the house itself is a boiler room and further store room. Nearby is a detached brick and tile workshop with bench and electricity connected. Brick and tile outbuilding with ample space for garden tools and refrigerator.
At the rear of the garden is a large open-fronted two-bay pole barn with log store to the side and tree house. There is also a floodlit hard tennis court and heated swimming pool.
Attached to the cottage is excellent garaging for four cars with two electrically operated doors, housing the oil-fired boiler for the cottage,
Gardens and grounds in all about 2 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Stall House Lane, North Heath, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
A unique family home located between Pulborough and Billingshurst comprising an extended period cottage with an attached converted barn, swimming pool, detached double garage, paddocks, stables and op...
Catts Hill, Mark Cross, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
An opportunity to acquire a superb extended Stylish 1930s detached home in a favoured stretch of countryside between Rotherfield and Mark Cross, set in fantastic mature gardens and grounds of 1.73 acr...
Meres Lane, Five Ashes, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
An impressive modern country house built in a period style with an excellent detached studio/barn of 1,050 sq ft. Located in a rural yet not isolated position 5 acres of formal garden, paddocks and in...