Tubwell Lane, Maynards Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
- Refurbished and enlarged character house
- Beautifully presented
- Ample parking and garaging
- Loose boxes and turnout area
- Four paddocks with lane access
- Landscaped gardens with wonderful country views
- In all about 8.45 acres
- Heathfield about 1.5 miles
- Mainline station within 8.5 miles
- Horam village local shops about 1 mile
**Guide Price £1,300,000 - £1,400,000**
An exceptionally well-presented detached country house of 3,943 sq ft built in the 1940s by Lions Green Works with quality materials and fittings evident throughout, situated in a rural but not isolated country lane with garaging, stabling, beautiful gardens and four paddocks in all about 8.45 acres
Tubwell Farm is an impressive and exceptionally well-presented detached character house built in the 1940s by the well-respected local builders Lions Green Works and more recently substantially enlarged, refurbished and updated to form a very comfortable family home.
Good quality materials are evident throughout including oak joinery to the doors and windows. The elevations are brick, part tile hung beneath a tiled roof and there is oil-fired central heating.
The main features are:
• Oak front door to the entrance vestibule and inner door to the spacious hall with travertine tiled floor and underfloor heating. Adjacent is the tiled cloakroom with basin and WC and there is also a walk-in larder with granite work surfaces.
• The attractive drawing room is triple aspect and has an open brick fireplace, exposed ceiling timbers and doors to the garden. The snug has a brick fireplace with wood burner, shelved cupboard to one side, bookshelves and travertine floor, door drawing room and doors to the raised terrace. The office has been fully fitted with cherry wood furniture and has a travertine floor.
• The excellent kitchen/breakfast/family room has been fitted by HKS Kitchens and has a 2-oven oil-fired Aga, fitted Dietrich oven and Neff microwave, Dietrich Calor gas hob, twin glazed sink, working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath and wall cupboards above, plumbing for dishwasher, central island unit with inset sink with cupboards beneath, broom cupboard, quarry tiled floor and timbered ceiling. Doors to the south-facing raised composite decked entertaining area.
• The dining room is conveniently located to the kitchen and is triple aspect with brick fireplace fitted with a wood burner, and quarry tiled floor.
• The utility room has an inset sink with working surfaces, cupboards beneath and wall cupboards above, plumbing for washing machine and vent for dryer. The boot room is ideal for coats and wellington boots and has a door to a useful recessed rear porch, useful for storing logs.
• The lower ground floor is approached from the kitchen with a staircase down to the gymnasium/office with aluminium framed doors to the terrace and garden.
• The first floor has an attractive landing with eaves cupboard, airing cupboard and fitted shelving.
• The principal bedroom has two ranges of bespoke fitted wardrobe cupboards and en suite bathroom with Whirlpool bath having mirrored panels behind, marble topped washbasin with cupboard beneath, WC, bidet and separate shower cubicle.
• The guest bedroom is double aspect, has a pine floor and an en suite bathroom with bath, having shower attachment and screen, basin with cupboard beneath and green tiling.
• There are three further bedrooms, two having excellent fitted wardrobe cupboards. There is also an office with built-in units.
• Marble-tiled family bathroom, with bath having shower attachment and fitted screen, basin with cupboard beneath. Separate WC.
• Separate shower room with walk-in shower, basin, marble-topped cupboards and WC.
Excellent brick and tile double garage with internal staircase to two rooms above.
In addition there is a further brick oak framed detached double garage with oak doors.
Three timber loose boxes and tack room. Fence-enclosed area, currently a childrens play area but originally used for winter turnout for horses.
The Gardens and Grounds
These form a really delightful feature and setting to Tubwell Farm with gravelled in-and-out drive with electric gates, ample parking space for cars and trailers.
The garden has been landscaped with sweeping areas of lawn and a selection of established trees and shrubs and mature, well planted flower beds.
There is a south-facing terrace adjacent to the house with wrought iron railings providing an excellent entertaining area and with wonderful country views.
There are also three raised vegetable beds.
Beyond are four hedge enclosed paddocks with water connected, one having a field shelter, and also having separate gated access onto the lane.
In all about 8.45 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Turners Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
A light and spacious property believed to date from the 1920s with a self-contained annexe, 27.6 acres, range of outbuildings including a stable, set within a popular stretch of countryside with wonde...
Oldfield Drive, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17
A spacious and well presented 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom detached family home of approximately 3,100 sq.ft. located in a small exclusive gated development on the outskirts of Haywards Heath with a west fac...
Hunters View, Western Road, Newick, Lewes, BN8
An impressive family home offering spacious accommodation excess 3,700 square feet arranged over three floors with annexe potential and sitting within attractive landscaped gardens close to the centre...