Borders Lane, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
- Etchingham village and station within 1 mile
- High Weald AONB
- Unspoilt southerly views
- Built in 2015 to a high standard
- Energy efficient benefits
- Beautiful landscaped garden
- Garage and driveway with ample parking
**Guide Price £900,000 - £975,000**
A beautifully located and well presented detached house (2015) enjoying unspoilt southerly views over the Dudwell Valley, set down a little used country lane in a rural but not isolated setting within walking distance of Etchingham village, primary school and mainline station. EPC B
Underwoods Farm Cottage is located down a country lane surrounded by farmland with exceptional unspoilt southerly views over the Dudwell Valley. The property was built in 2015 to a high standard with oak joinery throughout. The elevations are brick, weatherboard clad oak upper elevations beneath a slate roof.
There is plenty of character throughout whilst also enjoying the energy efficient benefits of a more modern property. There is oil fired central heating and sealed unit oak-framed windows, together with limestone flooring throughout the ground floor with underfloor heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Wide covered entrance porch with log store leading to spacious reception hall with oak staircase to the first floor and a wet room comprising WC, basin and shower.
• Double opening glazed doors with glazed panels to the side lead through to the superb kitchen/dining/family room with bi-fold oak doors onto the rear terrace and garden beyond with glorious rural farmland views.
• The kitchen is a triple aspect room, with limestone tiled flooring and oak joinery. Deep glazed butler sink inset into granite work surfaces with drainer to the side, cupboards and drawers beneath, including integrated dishwasher, extending into oak work surface with cupboards and drawers below. Two integrated Siemens ovens with warm drawer beneath and extractor fan above, further granite work surfaces incorporating AEG induction hob. There is a central seating area with bi-fold doors opening to the south-facing terrace and a dining area, also with lovely rural views over the garden and beyond.
• Utility/larder with work surface and shelving, space below for washing machine, Grant oil-fired boiler.
• The ground floor bedroom is double aspect with glazed doors opening onto the side terrace.
• From the reception hall an oak staircase leads to the first floor landing with vaulted ceiling and airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater.
• The sitting room/bedroom 4 has glazed concertina doors to the Juliet balcony providing unrivalled and unspoilt farmland views. Vaulted ceiling with exposed oak beams, wood burning stove and wide oak floorboards.
• The master bedroom again has a vaulted ceiling, is double aspect, light and airy, with views. En suite shower/dressing room with good sized walk-in tiled shower cubicle, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and built-in wardrobe cupboard, underfloor heating.
• Bedroom 3 is again double aspect with vaulted ceiling, exposed oak timbering and views over farmland.
• The family bathroom has a tiled panel enclosed bath with mixer tap and telephone shower attachment, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, underfloor heating.
Underwoods Farm Cottage is approached from the lane onto a tarmac driveway with parking and turning area for a number of vehicles, post and rail fencing with a gate which leads onto a brick pathway and on to the house.
Adjoining the driveway is a brick, block and timber clad garage with double opening doors, oak framed windows, shelving and space for fridge freezer. Access to the roof space for storage, with light and power connected. Pedestrian door to the side.
A paved terrace surrounds the house, with a wide brick and oak-framed storm porch providing space for both logs and wellington boots. There is an additional log store to the front.
A deciduous hedge borders the lane.
To the rear of the house is a broad paved terrace from where wonderful views are enjoyed over the surrounding countryside. There is an oak-framed rose-clad arbour with outside seating and entertaining area beneath. The gardens are landscaped, with well-stocked herbaceous borders and wood-chipped brick-edged pathways leading to further seating areas.
To the west side of the house is a sun deck adjacent to the Coast Connect Horizon 47 hot tub with infinity end which seats up to 6 people.
To the east side of the garden is a vegetable patch with cedar wood timber-framed greenhouse with potting area to the side.
In all about 0.25 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Orchard Dell, West Chiltington, West Sussex, RH20
A substantial family house on a good size plot quietly situated in a popular no-through private road with views to the rear over Nyetimber Vineyard with the South Downs beyond, and being just moments ...