St. Olives Close, Cross in Hand, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
- Single storey detached cottage
- Beautifully presented
- Triple bay garage
- Tucked away secluded semi-rural location
- Mature gardens and grounds
- In all about 1.57 acres
- Fringes of Cross-in-Hand village
- Mainline station 6 miles
- Heathfield about 1.5 miles
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,100,000**
A beautifully presented single storey detached cottage, (unlisted) originally built by Sussex builders, Lyons Green Works, set in a wonderful tucked away location with lightly wooded and secluded gardens and grounds in all about 1.57 acres.
Ashwell Dene is a beautifully presented single storey detached property, (unlisted) thought to have been built in 1934 by the renowned Sussex builders Lyons Green Works. The elevations are brick with cornerstones beneath a tiled roof and there is double glazing throughout.
The house offers much charm and is situated in a wonderful tucked away and secluded location on the fringes of Cross-in-Hand and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance hall with oak flooring and feature cast iron fireplace, together with space for freestanding furniture.
• Door through to the library/reading area with freestanding bookcases along two walls, window to the front of the property, and double French glazed doors leading through to the kitchen area.
• The dining/family room is triple aspect and positioned to the front of the property, finished with an oak floor, oak ceiling beams and a wood burner within a brick fireplace.
• The stunning kitchen/breakfast/sitting room offers excellent space for gathering and eating. There is a solid fuel burning stove, windows to two sides and is finished with a wooden floor. The kitchen area is fitted with a range of contemporary Shaker-style base units with deep pan drawers and granite worktops, space for range/Aga, butler sink, integrated dishwasher and space for fridge freezer. The central island is finished with a marble top with additional storage beneath; a live edge elm wooden breakfast bar provides an ideal space for sitting and eating. There are two roof lanterns creating excellent natural light. French glazed doors lead directly out to the terrace and gardens.
• The principal bedroom is double aspect and finished with a wooden floor. There are built-in double wardrobe cupboards and french doors lead directly to the courtyard. The en suite bathroom has a panelled bath with overhead shower attachment and glazed screen, low level WC, panelled wash basin and painted floorboards.
• Bedroom 2 is finished with a wooden floor and a door leads directly to the rear courtyard and garden. Attractive stained glass door through to the en suite shower room which is fitted with a white suite comprising shower cubicle with waterfall shower head, rectangular contemporary wash basin within a vanity unit, and a low level WC.
• Bedroom 3 is double aspect with a feature stained glass window and situated to the rear of the property; finished with oak flooring and a useful oak corner cupboard for storage.
• The family shower room is finished with an oak floor and has recessed shelving with lighting, Burlington wash basin, large walk-in shower with Aqualisa hand held and waterfall shower heads.
• The utility/boot room is of a good size and is finished with part wood and part Indian sandstone floor with underfloor heating together with a small roof lantern. Fitted with a butler sink, wooden worktops and space for washing machine and tumble dryer. A stable door leads directly to the garden.
• From the utility room a glazed panelled door leads through to bedroom 4/study, currently set up as an office. This room is double aspect with further doors leading directly out to the gardens; finished with Indian sandstone floor with underfloor heating.
Gardens and Grounds
Ashwell Dene sits amidst wonderful gardens and grounds offering a high degree of privacy in an enchanting setting.
To the rear of the property is a large paved terrace providing an ideal area for entertaining and al fresco dining, adjacent to an area of lawn framed by mature trees, shrubs and well planted flower beds. The courtyard area continues across the rear of the property.
There are numerous areas to sit and wander throughout the light woodland with hidden walkways and paths.
A large shingled area provides excellent parking and turning adjacent to an oak-framed triple bay garage.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation