Ebdens Hill, St. Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN37
- Spacious family home
- Flexible accommodation
- Delightful mature gardens
- Hard tennis court
- Separate games room and gym
- Adjacent to Claremont School
- Mainline stations within 5 miles
- Conquest Hospital 1.5 miles
An excellent detached character house of 2,961 square feet providing spacious, flexible family accommodation, updated within recent years, together with a detached playroom/office, privately set adjacent to Claremont School, amidst park-like grounds of about 2 acres. EPC D.
Clare Cottage comprises an excellent detached character house of 2,961 square feet, ideal as a family home, especially for those needing to attend the adjacent Claremont Preparatory School.
Originally built in the 1930s and, in more recent years, substantially extended and updated to form a very comfortable, light and spaciously planned home.
There is mains gas central heating and sealed unit double glazing. The elevations are brick, part cedarwood-clad beneath a tiled roof.
The main features are:
• Covered entrance porch and front door to reception hall/dining room with an extensive range of fitted coat/storage cupboards, wooden flooring, double glazed bi-folding doors to the rear terrace and garden. Cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The sitting room has a contemporary wall-mounted electric fire, fitted Neville Johnson desk and fitted shelved unit, double glazed bi-fold doors to a spacious balcony benefitting from a metal exterior staircase down to the garden. The balcony also provides access to the attached conservatory.
• The study/bedroom 5 is double aspect.
• The spacious kitchen/breakfast room is approached from the reception hall and comprises quartz work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, wall cupboards above, central island unit/breakfast bar with butler sink, integrated dishwasher, space for range cooker and American-style fridge freezer. Double aspect and, at one end, double glazed bi-folding doors to the rear terrace and garden.
• The lower ground floor is approached from the reception hall with staircase down to a gymnasium and separate hot tub room with sliding doors to the garden. Shower room and separate cloakroom
• The first floor has a spacious landing. Bedroom 1 has a range of fitted cupboards by Neville Johnson and door to spacious tiled en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• There are three further bedrooms, one having a range of wardrobe cupboards and an en suite shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. In addition, there is a family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle and basin. Separate cloakroom with basin and WC.
Substantial detached brick and tile playroom/office with staircase to room above.
Traditional open-fronted garaging for two cars. Ample parking for several cars accessed via electronic entrance gates.
The Gardens and Grounds
These are a particular feature of Clare Cottage and form a private, park-like setting with a wide selection of mature trees and shrubs including banks of rhododendrons, horse chestnut, oak, copper beech, etc. The house faces south with views across the gardens and over a large pond.
There are areas of terracing, rose and shrub borders with woodchip covering leading through to an area of light woodland. Hard tennis court. Timber garden store.
In all about 2 acres.
Fishing and Boating Rights
Clare Cottage has rights across neighbouring land to both fish and boat (not motorised) on a large pond.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Tubwell Lane, Maynards Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
**Guide Price £1,300,000 - £1,400,000** An exceptionally well-presented detached country house of 3,943 sq ft built in the 1940s by Lions Green Works with quality materials and fitting...