Heathfield Road, Burwash Common, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
- Detached Edwardian house
- Beautifully presented
- Large 'park-like' gardens and grounds
- Separate paddock
- Useful detached Outbuilding
- Convenient for Stonegate Station
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,150,000**
An attractive and beautifully presented detached Edwardian family house, recently modernised, in popular Burwash Common, with wonderful gardens and grounds including a paddock and a useful outbuilding. In all about 2.7 acres.
Clover Leys Farmhouse is a beautifully presented and recently refurbished detached Edwardian house comprising brick and part whitewashed elevations beneath a tiled roof. The majority of the windows are double glazed and there are renovated sash windows in two rooms. There is gas-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• The front door to the house is approached via a generous gravelled forecourt providing parking for several cars. A panelled and glazed door leads to the entrance hall, with Karndean marble-styled flooring, understairs coat/storage cupboard, cloakroom with WC, wash basin and Karndean flooring.
• Two separate panelled doors lead to the drawing room, a generous space originally two rooms with two angled bay windows overlooking the side garden. This is a bright double aspect room with a working chimney breast and flue suitable for the installation of a log burner or open fire.
• A further panelled door from the entrance hall leads to the striking kitchen/sitting/dining room. The well-appointed kitchen features some attractive original flagstones which indeed continue through to the boot room. The kitchen is fitted with a range of excellent high quality painted solid wood wall and base units with oak worktops incorporating a double ceramic Belfast sink with mixer taps, a Neff double oven, Neff combi oven/microwave and Neff induction hob with overhead extractor, space for a dishwasher and an American-style fridge freezer. The impressive breakfast/family area features a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, ceramic tiled floor and a fitted log burner. There is a range of fitted storage and shelf units, a bay window overlooking the paddock and glazed double doors that lead out to the attractive terrace.
• A part glazed panelled door leads to the good sized study/family room, another bright double aspect room with wood-effect vinyl flooring and fully insulated loft space with ladder access.
• The utility/boot room features flagstone flooring, plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, butler sink, space for hanging coats, and a stable door leading out to the garden.
• The first floor features a bright landing with an understairs storage cupboard and a sash window overlooking the gardens and grounds.
• There are two generous sized double aspect bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and far-reaching views towards Mayfield.
• Bedroom 4/dressing room is a single room currently used as a dressing room and has an attractive original cast iron feature fireplace and a window overlooking the gardens.
• The family bathroom is lavishly appointed with a rolltop freestanding claw foot bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and part tiled walls. The separate shower room features a glazed and tiled shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin and WC, part tiled walls and heated towel rail. Both rooms have Karndean flooring.
• The second floor has been cleverly adapted to provide an excellent bedroom suite with a spacious landing offering ample shelving and storage for clothes and a small sitting area leading to the bedroom, again a bright double aspect room with Velux windows and access to generous eaves storage, and a door leading through to the en suite shower room with glazed and tiled shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, fitted cupboard and shelf, Velux window and Karndean flooring.
The house is approached via a gated driveway from Heathfield Road leading to a generous area of gravelled hardstanding providing parking for several cars. The gardens and grounds are undoubtedly a main feature of the property and extend to some 2.7 acres, incorporating a formal garden with separate paddock, park-like gardens and woodland area. There are two ponds, an apple, plum and pear orchard, a wildflower bank and a bluebell bank.
The mature gardens are well stocked and incorporate many flowering plants, shrubs and trees, together with fruit including a grape vine, figs, gooseberries, rhubarb, blackcurrants, blueberries, sloe and elderberries.
To the side of the house is a secluded paved terrace with steps up to an area of lawn and an attractive pond. A gate leads through to the paddock, which houses the private drainage system and has a separate five bar gate with dropped kerb onto Heathfield Road.
The detached outbuilding is currently used for general garden storage but could be converted, subject to planning consent, to an annexe, Air BnB or studio.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation