Twineham Lane, Twineham, Haywards Heath, RH17
- Stunning 18th Century Farmhouse
- Extensive and flexable accomodation
- Attached annexe
- Rural location
- Beautiful gardens and grounds of approx. 3.13 acres
- First time on the market in 60 years
**Guide Price: £2,000,000 - £2,250,000**
A stunning Grade II Listed 18th Century Farmhouse displaying many Georgian features and offering extensive accommodation including an attached Cottage annexe all set in beautiful gardens and grounds in rural Twineham.
In all about 3.13 acres.
The Old Farmhouse is a beautiful Grade II Listed house and built in several parts most likely dating from the mid-18th Century. Consequently, the house displays many late-Georgian features including a double-pile design, hooded doorway and sash windows with glazing bars.
The house has been in the same ownership for some 60 years during which it has been lovingly maintained both inside and out to create a substantial family home with impressive entertaining rooms and additional accommodation provided by an attached Cottage annexe. The main features are:
• Central Hallway from front door.
• Generous Drawing Room with wide open inglenook fireplace and timber bressummer beam, window shutters and some fitted display cabinets.
• South facing Conservatory off the Drawing Room with quarry tiled floor and French patio doors to the drive and gardens.
• Impressive Dining Room with wood floors, window shutters and fireplace with stone surround.
• Study/Snug with door to gardens and also accessing a Cloakroom and the Cottage/annexe.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room with tiled floor, range of shaker style units, central island unit, granite work surfaces, Belling Range cooker, integrated Bosch dishwasher and larder cupboard.
• Utility/Boot Room with Cloakroom and space for fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. Stable door to the drive.
• Cellar with brick steps to tiled floor currently used as a games room and perfect for wine.
• Six Bedrooms with two to the front of the house both having En-Suite Bathrooms and fitted wardrobes. There is a further En-Suite Shower Room and also a Family Bathroom and separate Shower Room. All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes or cupboards.
• The Cottage main features are:
• Kitchen/Dining Room with range of units, space for a dishwasher, oven, fridge freezer and washing machine and a door to a decked terrace with small garden and views over adjoining countryside.
• Sitting Room with open fire having stone surround (not recently tested).
• Two Bedrooms and a Bathroom.
• The Cottage can be accessed through the main house or separately through a car port off the driveway.
The Old Farmhouse is approached over a long gravel drive leading to two areas of parking providing ample space and with an attractive natural pond to the side.
Approaching the house to the side, the drive leads to an enclosed area off the kitchen/breakfast room which is surrounded by a low level brick wall and five-bar gate. This in turn leads to a double length garage and single car port through which the Cottage can be accessed. There are also two large store rooms which could be used for a variety of uses.
Beyond the wall is a heated swimming pool with surrounding terrace and a brick built pool house. A gate from the pool leads to a beautiful orchard and meadow with many mature fruit trees.
To the front of the house is a stone path leading to the front door and gravel terrace ideal for al-fresco dining having a low level flint and brick wall surrounding and with a lovely view across an ornamental pond toward the paddock. The terrace is surrounded by manicured hedges and mature well stocked beds with the remainder
being laid to lawn and bordered by post and rail fencing.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation