South Street, Cuckfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17
- Centre of Cuckfield
- Private parking
- West facing garden
- Excellent condition
- Period charm
**Guide Price £600,000 _ £650,000** A beautiful period cottage, Grade II Listed, displaying a wealth of period features and having excellent storage space together with an attractive garden, private parking and a single garage located in the centre of Cuckfield.
A very attractive Grade II listed Tudor cottage situated within the conservation area of Cuckfield and having been lovingly maintained by the current owners who have created a comfortable family home. The house is the former home of the local personality Tommy Cook who was the manager and captain of Brighton and Hove Albion football club and was capped for England as well as playing cricket for Sussex. As expected there is much period charm on display, ceiling heights are very good and the main features include:
• Sitting Room with oak parquet floors, inglenook fireplace having an open fire, flagstone floor and brick surrounds, Bessemer beam, with a pantry cupboard to the side.
• Amdega Garden Room with underfloor heating, French doors to the garden and a removable half glazed partition wall separating from the sitting room.
• Kitchen with range of country style units and wood surfaces, Britannia Range oven having gas hob and space for fridge and space for dishwasher.
• Impressive ground floor Bathroom with wood floors, Chadder & co fittings throughout including freestanding roll top bath with shower over and bespoke joinery with space for washing machine.
• Master Bedroom with fitted wardrobes, field views and contemporary En-Suite wet room fully tiled and with heated towel rail.
• Further Bedroom at first floor level.
• Bespoke storage around the stairs.
• Second floor Study Area with bespoke solid oak furniture leading through to Bedroom 3 again with plenty of built-in storage.
To the rear of the cottage is a small stone terrace with steps leading up to the garden being laid mainly to lawn with mature hedgerows on either side and having a greenhouse, vegetable patch and two garden sheds. The garden is well sheltered with well stocked borders and to the end steps lead down to a single Garage with parking beside beyond which is a shared private lane off which is a footpath leading to wonderful woods and the countryside surrounding the village.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation