Golf Club Lane, Piltdown, Uckfield, TN22
- 3,864 sq ft
- Exceptional Design
- Stunning Grounds
- Further Potential
- Adjacent to Piltdown Golf Course
- Excellent garaging
**Guide Price: £1,750,000-£1,850,000** A truly unique house of excess 3,860 sq ft, available for the first time in 42 years, sitting within stunning landscaped gardens of about 3.26 acres adjacent to Piltdown golf course. EPC Rating: E
Designed and built in the 1960s, this induvial and stylish house is available for the first time in 42 years. The house displays influences of the Far East origins of its architect, is designed with three spurs and orientated to give all reception rooms delightful views south over the garden. With large rooms, the house provides superb entertaining space which can easily be adapted. Much of the furniture is fitted and designed for the house and all internal doors are teak wood. With brick elevations and double glazed wood framed windows under a tiled roof.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance Hall with tiled floor, Cloakroom, coats cupboard and curved door through inner hall which is open to the Drawing Room.
• Drawing Room with impressive vaulted ceiling, wood burning stove with stone surround, sliding glass doors to garden and elegant curved staircase to first floor.
• Bar Area with built in bar leading through to Dining Room with tiled floor, fitted cupboards, French patio doors to the garden.
• Study with wood burning stove, fitted shelves and cupboards.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room with range of bespoke fitted units including a central
island unit with preparation sink, granite surface and integrated chopping board. Fitted table and bench seats. Gaggenau oven and two Gaggenau grills, 4 ring induction hob with extractor over, Miele oven, space for American style double fridge freezer, two Miele dishwashers, bespoke dresser unit, larder cupboard with marble shelves, door to rear garden. There is a large Utility
Room off the kitchen with door to the rear garden and double doors to the drive at the front of the house.
• An exceptional circular ground floor Master Bedroom with fitted furniture including curved dresser unit with drawers and further wardrobes all made in Birds Eye Maple. The bedroom has three sets of French patio doors to the garden and an En-Suite Bathroom with mosaic tiled floor, steam shower and jacuzzi bath.
• Spacious Galleried Landing overlooking the Drawing Room.
• Second Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room and fitted cupboards including a hidden door giving access to an Attic Room with veluxe window.
• Two Further Bedrooms both with generous cupboards and Juliet balconies overlooking the gardens. The larger of these two bedrooms also has French patio doors giving access to the ballustraded flat roof above the Master Bedroom.
• Family Bathroom arranged to also be en-suite to Bedroom 2 with mosaic tiled floor, part sunken bath and heated towel rail.
Set in magnificent grounds and gardens of about 3.26 acres. At the entrance, a curved wall is set back from the road with double electric gates leading to a block paved driveway which sweeps past the garaging, lawns and to the front of
the house. The garaging itself will easily take four cars and, elsewhere in the garden, there is a good workshop building with power and a wood burning stove together with tool shed, further useful garden shed, a log store and large polytunnel with water supply.
The gardens are immaculately set out with different areas delineated by mature
hedgerows and trees. There are many fine specimen trees including beautiful pines and the well stocked borders including a multitude of shrub varieties. There are box hedges, areas of native heather a rose garden and orchard. In the centre is an ornamental pond with brick terrace overlooking it. There is also a private gate to the
first fairway of Piltdown Golf Course.
Immediately off the house is a south facing stone terrace and a stunning wisteria climbing the house behind. There is also a large brick built dog kennel which might easily be converted to make a fun outdoor kitchen/entertaining area. To the rear of the kitchen is a kitchen garden and, to the side of the house, a small paddock.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation