Broxmead Lane, Cuckfield, Haywards Heath, RH17
- Convenient location
- Close to Cuckfield
- Range of outbuildings
- Annexe potential (STP)
- Land and stables
- Beautiful gardens
Available for the first time in 40 years, a beautiful Grade II Listed house located on the outskirts of Cuckfield with swimming pool, tennis court, triple garage, stables and a summer house/studio. In all about 4 acres. EPC Rating: Exempt
Fowlers is an attractive country house being Grade II listed and believed to date from
the early 17th century and originally being a timber framed cottage with red brick infilling, tiled roof and wood framed casement windows with diamond shaped panes.
A particular note in the listing is a 19th century goblet porch. The house is available for the first time in over 40 years and was extended and improved by the current owners in the 1980s.
The main features of the property include:
• Spacious Drawing Room with impressive inglenook fireplace having open fire, brick hearth, Bessemer beam and exposed beams.
• Dining Room with parquet flooring, inglenook fireplace with brick and stone hearth. Serving hatch through to the Kitchen exposed beams and storage cupboards either side of the fireplace.
• Sitting Room with parquet flooring and French patio doors to the garden.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room with tiled floor, range of country style units, larder cupboard, solid fuel Aga, four ring Bosch hob and Neff oven with space for dishwasher and large fridge/freezer. Off the kitchen is the
• Utility Room with tiled floor, range of units, sink, space for washing machine with a Cloakroom situated off the utility room as well as a large coats cupboard and door to the Rear Lobby which in turn has a door to the garden.
• From the Sitting Room stairs lead to the first floor.
• Double aspect Bedroom with built-in cupboards and wardrobes.
• Master Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room having tiled walls, modern fittings and heated towel rail.
• Family Bathroom having Czech & Speake fittings and separate Family Shower Room with tiled walls, Czech & Speake fittings.
• On the second floor 2 Further Bedrooms both with storage cupboards/wardrobes.
Fowlers is approached through electronically operated wrought iron gates to a gravel
driveway which in turn leads to the front of a Triple Garage and Stable Block with ample parking. The triple garage is brick built with a single bay and double bay having wood sliding doors and internal stairs to a Storage Room above with Velux windows.
Attached to the garage is a large store/workshop and in turn further stores for wood, tools and machinery. There is also a brick built stable block with three loose boxes and covered access to the front. Behind the garage block is a greenhouse and also access to the tennis court.
Within the gardens is a south facing brick-built Summerhouse with large open plan area having a vaulted ceiling, French patio doors together with a kitchenette providing a range of units, sink, integrated fridge and dishwasher. There is also a shower room.
There is a heated swimming pool with stone terrace surrounding and immediately to
the rear of the property is a brick terrace. The gardens surround the house on four sides and are laid mainly to lawn and well sheltered by mature hedgerows. A number of yew hedges break the gardens up and well stocked herbaceous borders together with a covered arbour walk make for a beautiful setting. There is also a productive
Beyond the garden is a paddock which is to the side and rear of the property again bordered by mature hedgerows and trees with post and rail fencing separating it from the garden and a separately fenced pond. There is separate gated access on to Broxmead Lane to the paddock.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
East Street, West Chiltington, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
An extraordinary opportunity to purchase a farmhouse set in this ever popular village, including workshop with planning permission for a change to residential use, outbuildings, stables, sand school a...