Font Hill, Newick, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
- One dwelling currently divided into 2 properties
- Opportunity to convert back to one dwelling (STP)
- Wonderful rural position
- Approx. half an acre garden
- Close to Newick
- No onward chain
A Detached Grade II listed property currently divided into a pair of 2 bedroom semi detached houses within a secluded plot of approximately 0.5 of an acre in a wonderful rural position just outside the village of Newick.
Old Schoolhouse Cottages is a Grade II listed detached property that has been divided into two 2 bedroom semi-detached houses and we understand from the current owner that the building was originally a school built by Lady Louisa Vernon of Newick Park in 1771. It consisted of a large school room and a house for the school mistress. The school was closed in 1926 and the house divided into the two dwellings that exist today which now require updating and offers great potential to restore back to one single dwelling (subject to the necessary consents). The property sits in a private and secluded plot of approximately 0.5 of an acre in a wonderful and sought after rural location just outside of Newick.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance Hall with a brick floor and storage cupboard.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room has double aspect, range of wall and base units, worksurface, sink, wall mounted oven, electric hob with overhead extractor fan, space and plumbing for appliances.
• Dining Room with a brick inglenook fireplace, parquet floor.
• Sitting Room is double aspect, fireplace with a log burning stove.
• On the first floor is a Family Bathroom which has a bath with mixer tap and hand held shower, WC, wash basin, storage cupboard.
• Master Bedroom with a Dressing Room
• Bedroom 2
• A third room into the eaves which could be a Study/Bedroom 3
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room is double aspect with wall and base units, electric hob with overhead extractor fan, oven, space and plumbing for appliances, worksurface, tiled splashback.
• Ground floor Bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, WC, wash basin, tiled walls, fitted storage cupboards.
• Sitting Room has a fireplace with a wood burning stove, understairs storage.
• Dining Room has a fireplace with an electric fire.
• 2 Double Bedrooms both with fitted cupboards.
The driveway is owned by a neighbouring property which leads to a large private parking area for several vehicles. There is a mature garden of approximately 0.5 of an acre and is well screened by a number of mature trees and hedging. The garden itself is laid mainly to lawn with numerous borders and there are several outbuildings including 2 brick tool sheds and a number of timber sheds.
Council Tax: Band G
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation