Jackies Lane, Newick, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
- A stunning example of a large detached family home set in the popular village of Newick.
- Two acres of land that include a swimming pool, tennis courts and walled, vegetable and rose gardens.
- 3456 sqft of accommodation stretched over two floors.
- Summer house/home office.
- Double oak car barn and single garage with store behind.
- Five double bedrooms, two ensuites and a family bathroom.
- Many period features including a panelled dining room, open fire and a log burning stove.
- Beautifully manicured lawn areas with views over the pond and water fall from the raised patio.
**Guide Price £1,800,000-£1,900,000**
A handsome and elevated five bedroom detached residence, boasting a heated pool, well maintained tennis courts and a walled rose garden; situated in the rural outskirts on the village of Newick. EPC Rating: E
An imposing five bedroom detached property set in an elevated position surrounded by approximately two acres of private and beautifully manicured gardens that boast a heated swimming pool, tennis courts, numerous out buildings and a walled rose gardens.
Believed to have been built in the 1930s the property has been sympathetically extended by the current sellers and now offers some 3456 sqft of bright, spacious and flexible accommodation set over two floors.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance Hall and Downstairs Cloakroom
• Double aspect Sitting Room enjoying views over the rolling front lawns and feature pond with cascading waterfall.
• Panelled Dining Room with double doors leading out to the covered veranda.
• This in turn leads through to the Snug also with double aspect views and log burning stove.
• Conservatory connects the Hallway and Kitchen, double doors lead you through to a paved seating area and up to the swimming pool and patio.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room is fitted with an array of hand crafted solid oak wall and base units granite work tops, induction hob, built in eye level double oven with warmer draw, wine cooler, space for a sizable American style fridge freezer, dishwasher and wine rack, solid tiled flooring and ample space to house a large dining table. The Green oil fired Stanley Aga sits prominently in the Dining Area and a comfortable window seat enjoys views over the front aspect of the property.
• Another large Reception Hall connects the main house to a well-appointed
Utility Room housing the white goods, a sink and drainer, plenty of storage and allows access to the rear garden.
• An oak framed and simply stunning Sun Room has been a recent addition to the property and has been designed especially to enjoy panoramic views around the garden and pool area, double doors lead you out to a further patio area, there is a contemporary log burner and cream tiled flooring throughout.
• On the first floor the Main Bedroom enjoys a southerly view, built in double wardrobes, his and hers wash basins and an En-Suite Shower Room.
• Bedroom Two is also a well-proportioned double bedroom with access to an ensuite
• There are 3 Further Double Bedrooms with Bedroom Four having a large built in wardrobe and a fitted wash hand basin.
• There is also a well-appointed modern Family Bathroom
Freshwater House is approached via a private driveway leading through an electrically operated five bar gate to a large parking area and Double Car Barn with a further Garage or store at the side.
The front garden boasts a beautifully manicured expanse of rolling lawn and a wonderful
feature pond and waterfall, all visible from the covered sun terrace and seating area located from the Dining Room.
From the driveway a mock Tudor style Summer House sits overlooking the swimming pool and could make the perfect separate home office, artists studio or hobby room with a large handy storage cupboard at the rear.
Positioned to the left hand side of the property is a well maintained tennis courts, a walled rose and vegetable garden housing a newly erected Victorian greenhouse.
There is a further expanse of lawn that leads you down to a delightful wooded area at the rear.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Broad Street Green, Hooe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
A graceful and well-presented Grade II Listed 5-bedroom country house of 3,377 sq ft (together with an excellent detached 3-bedroom cottage of 1,256 sq ft) - a combined internal area of 4,633 sq ft - ...
Meres Lane, Five Ashes, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
An impressive modern country house built in a period style with an excellent detached studio/barn of 1,050 sq ft. Located in a rural yet not isolated position 5 acres of formal garden, paddocks and in...