Mill Hill, Piltdown, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22
£1,250,000Offers In Excess Of
- A character property originally dating back to 1830 and set in a rural location.
- The property has been extended to provide bright and airy rooms throughout.
- Woodland and manicured gardens stretching to 7.89 of an acre.
- Separate two bedroom detached, auxiliary accommodation.
- Double garage and plenty of private parking.
- Three reception rooms and a modern kitchen and dining area with patio doors leading out to the garden.
- Main bedroom with lovely high ceilings, ensuite shower room and walk in wardrobe.
Shortbridge Lodge is a period style property full of character set within a picturesque rural setting with an emphasis on self-sufficiency and sustainability. The presence of ancient woodland and coppice adds to the natural beauty of this setting. EPC Rating: E
Shortbridge Lodge is a period style property full of character set within a picturesque rural setting with an emphasis on self-sufficiency and sustainability. The presence of 7.89 acres of ancient woodland and coppice adds to the natural beauty and potential for outdoor activities. The propertys use of solar panels and a Biomass wood and pellet boiler generate heating and hot water aligns well with environmentally friendly practices. Living in such a location offers the opportunity for a more holistic and
organic lifestyle, allowing a connection with nature and an opportunity to reduce the impact on the environment. It could also potentially provide some level of independence from conventional energy sources and utility services, which can be especially appealing to individuals or families interested in sustainable living.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance Porch a spacious entrance with beautifully tiled flooring, exposed feature window. Stairs lead up to the first floor.
• Cloakroom fitted with w.c. and wash hand basin.
• Sitting Room a delightful snug room boasting a log burning stove, built-in storage, stripped wooden floors and views over the pretty frontage of the house.
• Further Inner Lobby/Reading Area with timber panelled walls separates this room from the Study which provides a quiet space for those looking to work from home. This rooms also offers some cleverly designed storage.
• The double aspect Lounge is a well-proportioned room with plenty of space to relax and enjoy the views. The room also houses a contemporary log burning stove, stripped solid wooden flooring and windows on all sides which allow light to flood into the room.
• Utility Room fitted with wall and base units, solid wood worktops, Butler sink, space for white goods and a cupboard containing the heating thermal store. There is also a side door to a gravelled area at the rear of the house.
• Kitchen/Dining Room is a wonderful bright space comprising of 2 sets of patio doors and plenty of space for a good size dining table with solid oak floor. The kitchen features an array of high gloss units with a plethora of pan drawers. A centre island houses a five ring Neff induction hob and extractor fan over. Built-in Neff double oven and microwave, space for a large fridge/freezer.
• On the first floor from the Landing you will find Bedroom 4 which is a double bedroom enjoying views over the front of the property.
• Bedroom 5 is a good size single bedroom or this room could make an ideal study. Opposite this room is the
• Family Bathroom fitted with a white suite having a bath with shower over, wash hand basin and low level w.c.• Along the landing is Bedroom 2 another large double bedroom with ample space for freestanding wardrobes and benefits from access to an En-Suite Shower Room with shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
• Bedroom 3 is also a good size double with views to the side garden.
• A small steps lead up to a double airing cupboard and a door leads you through into the
• Main Bedroom which has been contemporary designed and boasts large vaulted ceilings with solid oak floor, there are 2 Juliet balconies to enjoy the views to the side and the rear of the property. This room also offers a wonderful walk-in wardrobe and a refitted
• En-Suite Shower Room with shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
• There are also solid oak floors fitted throughout the whole of the first floor.
The property also benefits from a water solar system.
The property is entered via a large five bar gate and a long sweeping driveway leads to the side of the property where there is ample parking for several cars. The driveway then continues down towards the static Mobile Home and therefore provides more parking for this property. There is also a large Double Garage housing the Froling biomass boiler, power and lighting to the side. Behind the garage is a biomass wood pellet store and a large bespoke green house with solar PV adjacent.
The undulating gardens stretch to some 7.89 acres of ancient woodland with many established trees. A small camping area can be found to the left hand side and a pathway through the coppice woods with a plethora of bluebells takes you to the rear of the land which has been beautifully maintained by our current clients.
From the patio doors from the kitchen are two large circular patios with raised beds and two further areas of lawn with a further area left to meadow. where a large above ground swimming pool is situated.
Set within the garden is Static Mobile Home which has 2 bedrooms, kitchen/diner and bathroom and its own parking.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Kings Lane, Coldwaltham, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
** INCOMPLETE RENOVATION PROJECT ** A superb opportunity to complete the work on this substantial family house with a large incomplete double storey rear extension. Ideally situated at the end of a l...
Trolliloes Lane, Cowbeech, East Sussex, BN27
A handsome and exceptionally well-presented detached period farmhouse (not Listed) sympathetically renovated in recent years, featuring well-proportioned rooms to provide light and spacious accommodat...