Crowborough Road, Nutley, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22
- Delightful Grade II Listed cottage
- Flexible accommodation
- Gardens and grounds of approx. 6 acres
- Numerous outbuildings
- Idyllic location on The Ashdown Forrest
- No onward chain
A delightful Grade II listed cottage offering flexible accommodation and numerous outbuildings surrounded by its own gardens and grounds of approximately 6 acres, situated within a quiet semi-rural location on the Ashdown Forest. No onward chain. EPC Rating: Exempt
Marlpits Cottage is a delightful Grade II listed cottage believed to date back to the 1640s with later additions. The property offers light and airy accommodation with a flexible layout and many period features including exposed woodwork and brick floors.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door leading to a Utility Area with double aspect, quarry tiled floor, fitted wall and base units, worksurfaces with sink, space and plumbing for a washing machine and a dryer.
• Kitchen with a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, brick floor, fitted farmhouse style units with granite worksurfaces, Butler sink, Rangemaster oven with a 5 ring electric hob and overhead extractor fan.
• Sitting Room with brick floor, large inglenook fireplace with a fitted log burning stove, opening to the
• Dining Area which has a rear door to the garden.
• Inner hall with a door leading out to the garden.
• Drawing Room which is double aspect has a bay window overlooking the garden, brick fireplace with log burning stove and a stone hearth.
• Steps lead up from the Drawing Room to an open plan Study Area/Bedroom 4 which has sloping ceilings and sky lights.
• Family Bathroom with a brick floor, tiled shower cubicle, WC, wash basin, linen cupboard, steps up to the bath surrounded by tiled walls.
• Staircase leading up from the Dining Room to a Bedroom which has fitted cupboards.
• Second staircase from the living area which leads to a further Bedroom which has a vaulted ceiling and fitted cupboards.
• Split level Main Bedroom which is triple aspect with fitted cupboards and double doors leading to a rear terrace, steps up to the En-Suite Bathrroom with a bath, WC, wash basin and vanity unit, tiled walls and floor, heated towel rail.
Marlpits Cottage is surrounded on all four sides by its formal gardens with the paddocks extending beyond the deer fencing. The property is approached through a wooden gate beside the Single Garage onto a parking area in front of the oak framed Double Garage which has power, light and loft storage. A paved path leads to the front of the property.
A lawn area stretches to the boundary where there is a stone retaining wall, flower beds and a Well with brick surround. The path continues along the front of the property to a brick terraced area to the side and continuing lawn.
The rear garden has a good size sandstone paved terrace across the rear which enjoys fine views over the surrounding land, there is a Bespoke oak framed Summerhouse with clay tiled roof which was constructed about 15 years ago offering a place of tranquility and delightful views across the Ashdown Forest. To one side of the property is a kitchen garden with a greenhouse and timber shed with power and light.
The paddocks, where deer can be seen daily, are to 3 sides of the property which have two separate entrances from the adjoining lane. There are two stream fed ponds, a brick stable block with 3 loose boxes, covered hardstanding area used for implement storage with power and light.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation