New Way Lane, Hurstpierpoint, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6
- Stunning 16th Century Grade II listed house
- Wonderful rural location
- Close to Hassocks mainline station
- Wonderful views of the South Downs
- Paddock and woodland
- In total approx. 12 acres
A fantastic 16th Century Grade II Listed former Wealden hall house located in a wonderful rural location close to Hurstpierpoint and Hassocks with stunning views of the South Downs. The property sits in gardens, paddock and woodland of approximately 12 acres.
Bearstakes is a wonderful Grade II Listed property that dates back to the 16th Century. Having been a former Wealden hall house, the property displays many architectural features with the highlight being a fantastic double-height, vaulted
sitting room with exposed beams and a galleried landing. The house has been sympathetically extended several times over the years whilst continuing to boast the period features expected of a property this age.
The main features of the property include:
• Kitchen double aspect with a range of fitted wall and base units, work surface and stainless steel sink, space and plumbing for a washing machine, exposed beams and a Quarry tiled floor. There is a Utility Area with fitted storage and a door to the rear, cloakroom with WC, wash basin, tiled walls and floor.
• The Living Room is a fantastic space with a double-height, vaulted ceiling with many exposed beams, an Inglenook fireplace with open fire, exposed brick chimney and a galleried landing.
• Dining Room/Downstairs Bedroom which is double aspect and a door to the side.
• Family Bathroom which has a bath with a hand-held shower, part-tiled walls, tiled floor and electric heated towel rail.
• Separate WC with a wash basin, electric heated towel rail, partly tiled walls and a tiled floor.
• Steps up from the living room lead to the open galleried landing off which is Bedroom One, which is double aspect, and Bedroom Two which is also double aspect and features fitted wardrobes and exposed brickwork.
• From the other end of the galleried landing is a Study area which could also be used as an Occasional Bedroom as required.
The property is located in an extremely desirable rural location within the South Downs National Park with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside towards the South Downs themselves. The property is approached from the lane to a driveway which provides parking for several vehicles in front of the brick built,
detached, double garage. The gardens surround the house on all four sides and are laid mainly to lawn with numerous mature trees and well stocked borders and are enclosed with mature hedging.
To the rear of the house is a patio area with steps leading up to the garden where there is a greenhouse, two stables currently used for storage and in the rear corner of the garden is a large timber tool shed. The rear part of the garden comprises of light woodland. In all, it creates a wonderful sense of seclusion and privacy.
A five bar gate leads from the garden to the paddock, which measures approximately
6 acres and is gently sloping with fantastic views of the South Downs. At the other end of the paddock is the 4 acre woodland.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Uptons Mill Lane, Framfield, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22
A stunning Grade II listed converted water mill located in a wonderful rural position with a detached office, triple garage, stables, all within grounds and a paddock of approximately 6.5 acres. EPC R...
Guildford Road, Rudgwick, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12
Situated at the end of a private lane a substantial single storey home with planning permission for a 900 sq.ft. extension to the first floor. Comprehensive equestrian facilities, with 40m x 20m sand...
Sunset Lane, West Chiltington, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
This extremely well-maintained and chain-free thatched Wells cottage sits within stunning landscaped gardens on a very private, quiet and secluded plot in excess of ¾ acre in the soug...