High Street, Newick, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
- No Onward Chain
- Charming period cottage
- Extended to create generous accommodation
- In the heart of Newick village
- Well presented with character throughout
- 160ft rear garden
- Mainline station in Uckfield approximately 5 miles
A highly desirable and charming period cottage offering generous accommodation and a beautiful 160ft rear garden set in the heart of the sought after village of Newick. This delightful home has been sympathetically extended and yet still retains many of its original features. EPC rating C
The property is believed to date back to the mid 18th century and is situated in the quintessential village of Newick with its thriving community and excellent amenities.
This gorgeous family home offers a modern accommodation layout and a natural décor throughout and yet still boasts many of its original period style charm.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance Hall with window to side and door leading through to the Sitting Room
• The Sitting Room is a wonderful space and has stripped oak floors throughout, fireplace with beam over and inset log burner, stairs leading to the first floor with built in storage cupboards beneath, windows both front and rear allow
light to flood into the space.
• A glazed door leads through to the Kitchen/Dining Room at the rear, tiled flooring and beamed ceilings add to the chocolate box feel and there is plenty of space to entertain family and friends with space for a good sized dining
room table. The space is complimented by a range of powder blue painted units, wood style worktops and a white Aga with tiled country style splash back. There is space for dishwasher and washing machine and a large fridge freezer. Patio doors open out to the garden.
• On the First Floor the Main Bedroom enjoys views over the pretty front garden and has plenty of built in storage either side of the beautiful wrought iron Victorian fireplace. There are Two Further Bedrooms with views over the rear
• The Family Bathroom is fitted with a modern P shaped bath with shower over, W.C. and wash hand basin, there is also a separate W.C. with wash hand basin and skylight.
The rear garden gently slopes away from the house, with an array of raised decking areas, lawn area with established borders and hedges, patios and seating areas connected by a winding brick path leading to a sizable timber workshop at the rear.
The property is entered via a latch gate and through a pretty, walled garden, a brick path leads to the front door.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
North Road, Bodle Street Green, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
**Guide Price £450,000 - £475,000** An appealing, semi-detached cottage in need of updating but with recently granted planning permission for a 2-storey extension. Quietly situated on the e...
Crossing Farm, Mountfield, Battle, East Sussex, TN32
Exclusive development of just two semi-detached, beautifully appointed and finished, rurally located new homes. Each with a private driveway, parking and garden. Mountfield is a delightful rural villa...