Parrock Lane, Colemans Hatch, Hartfield, TN7
POAPrice On Application
- Lovely Rural Views over Ashdown Forest
- Local Amenities close by in Hartfield and Forest Row
- Quiet Sought After Location
- Light and Spacious Accommodation
- South Facing Rear Aspect with Large Rear Terrace
- Gardens and Paddocks of about 10 Acres
A handsome and substantial detached family home occupying an idyllic location in the heart of Ashdown Forest in The High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with lovely rural views set in gardens and grounds of about 10 acres.
Set in an excellent elevated position with views over its own land and across the valley towards the Ashdown Golf Course and the surrounding area, Ashdown House is a prime 1920s country residence and has been the subject of significant refurbishment.
The main features include:
• Well proportioned rooms with a south facing aspect.
• Solid oak joinery with vintage Art Deco style brass door furniture.
• Double aspect sitting room with full height sash windows to the south, doors opening to the west and an open fireplace.
• Family room with doors to the south facing terrace and open fireplace.
• Superb kitchen/breakfast room with marble work tops, island unit, space for 4-oven electric AGA, 2 further ovens, dishwasher and doors to the rear terrace.
• Study with views to the east over the lake, communications cabinet for telephone and broadband services. Our client understands fibre optic broadband is available in the lane.
• Master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom with roll top bath.
• 4 further bedrooms all with views to the south and a family bathroom and shower room.
• All bathrooms have Lefroy Brooks baths and/or showers and sanitary ware with blue tooth ceiling speakers in the kitchen, utility and study.
The property is approached via a country lane with a pair of double automatic security gates opening onto a long driveway which leads down to the detached garage.
The gardens are a lovely feature of the property sloping gently away to the south being mainly laid to lawn with mature hedges and flower and shrub borders. An original Yorkstone terrace surrounds the house on 3 sides with lovely views over the gardens and grounds to the Forest. To the side is a formal area of garden with box hedging and formal planting, a glade of mature oak trees and a large pond with picturesque weeping willow and climbing roses. The house enjoys views over a neighbours lake to the east, on which is abundant birdlife all year round, including various Ducks, Geese, Herons and Swans.
To the other side of the property a shingle path leads through a gate to the adjoining paddocks of established pastureland. There is a distant view of Colemans Hatch church bell tower to the south.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation