Cowbeech, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Handsome country house (not Listed)
- Many original period features
- Set down a farm lane
- Attractive rural location
- Delightful gardens and grounds
- In all about 3 acres
A handsome and very appealing period country house (not listed) down a rural farm lane about 2 miles from picturesque Rushlake Green. Sympathetically updated with many original features, a timeless atmosphere and delightful gardens, grounds and paddock of about 3 acres.
The well-proportioned accommodation features some exposed timbering and oak floors; the elevations being brick, part tile hung beneath a tiled roof. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features are:
• Recessed entrance porch with front door to hall with oak floor and staircase to the first floor.
• The delightful drawing room has an inglenook-style fireplace with windows either side, brick inset and hearth, wide bay window to the front overlooking the garden, timbered ceiling and oak floor.
• The sitting room has a wide bay window, fireplace with woodburner, range of bookshelves along one wall and oak floor.
• The dining room is double aspect and has a timber floor, a cupboard housing the oil-fired central heating boiler and door to the rear gardens.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has been redesigned and fitted with Neptune units comprising a glazed sink with granite drainer and solid oak working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath; integrated dishwasher, integrated washing machine, Bosch Calor gas/electric range cooker. Open fitted shelving for pots and pans. Cream two-oven oil-fired Aga, slate floor and door to the garden. Ample space for sitting/eating and freestanding furniture.
• The first floor has an attractive landing with a sky light. The principal bedroom has a wide bay window to the front, with an outlook across the garden, with built-in wardrobe cupboards and en suite bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin and WC.
• Bedroom 2 has a wide bay window and bedroom 3 is double aspect and includes the airing cupboard with immersion heater.
• There are two further bedrooms, one of which has a square bay window and is currently used as an office. The family bathroom is fitted with a white suite comprising bath with shower attachment, basin and WC. Separate cloakroom with basin and WC.
The Gardens and Grounds
Detached brick and tile double garage with an open tread internal staircase to first floor storage room.
The house is approached over a gravelled drive with ample parking space for a number of cars. There is a flagged paved sitting out area adjacent to the kitchen, a vegetable and herb garden, an interesting selection of shrubs, extensive areas of lawn/rough grass, meadow and orchard, as well as two ponds, one large and one small.
The gardens and grounds have an enchanting feel, and are a wonderful feature at Clippenham House. The vendors have created, planted and maintained a natural environment for the benefit of flora and fauna, including a beautiful bluebell copse in Spring and a flowering meadow with cut paths and idyllic eating area.
The generous informal park-like grounds are studded with specimen trees and shrubs including a weeping lime and are a magnet for birds and wildlife.
In addition there are two outbuildings, one in need of repair, 289 x 148 and 1910 x 129 providing useful storage.
Gardens and grounds - in all about 3 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
East Grinstead Road, North Chailey, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
A spacious family home of 4,450 sq ft with well-appointed and flexible accommodation including a self-contained annexe, swimming pool, excellent equestrian facilities and land of excess 8 acres, situa...