Dewhurst Lane, Wadhurst, TN5
- Impressive Barn Conversion
- Approaching 7,000 sq ft
- Wadhurst Station 0.6 of a mile
- 0.85 of an acre
- Self-contained Annexe
- Semi-rural location
A beautifully presented contemporary conversion refurbished to a high standard with impressive open plan accommodation located in a quiet semi-rural position yet within 0.6 of a mile of Wadhurst Station.
Converted in 2020, this impressive light-filled barn offers nearly 7,000 square feet of accommodation arranged over two floors. The property is tucked away within a farmstead setting, formerly associated with the historic Dewhurst Stud and is attached to a secondary barn and an additional residential property.
The conversion has been designed and undertaken by the current owners to reflect the industrial agricultural heritage of the building. Renewable energy systems have been installed including Air Source Heat pumps and Photovoltaic panels.
The main features of the property include:
• A wonderful open plan living space with huge picture windows for enjoyment of the far-reaching countryside view, high vaulted ceilings, exposed steel beams, limed red brickwork, oak flooring and massive porcelain tiles which work to great effect.
• The kitchen/dining room is a major feature, designed for entertaining with strategically placed lighting, a fully-fitted bespoke David Haugh kitchen, island breakfast bar and electric Aga and links through to a vast reception hall and an adjoining drawing room with a woodburning stove.
• The main bedroom suite is located on the ground floor, together with a study and an office providing ideal options for efficient home working
• There are three further en suite bedrooms on the first floor and a minstrels gallery with a sitting room overlooking the space below.
• An entrance on the north-easterly side gives access to a large domestic area with boot room, utility room and store.
Comprising a living room with a kitchen and a first floor bedroom with bathroom, which interlinks to the main house for flexibility, the annexe benefits from its own private entrance.
The property is set back from Dewhurst Lane behind a high brick wall, with a forecourt to the front providing a parking and turning space. Landscaped garden laid to turf and there is a fenced field on the other side of the driveway.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation