Flimwell, Wadhurst, TN5
- Cranbrook School Catchment Area
- Bewl Water within a mile
- Detached Studio/Office
- Tonbridge Station 13.9 miles (25 mins)
- Planning permission to extend
- Mature gardens and grounds
An impressive individual country house in a delightful rural position set down a private drive, centrally located in 7 acres of grounds, with upside down accommodation to maximise the sensational views over the surrounding countryside. The house is in the popular Cranbrook School catchment area.
The property is situated in an elevated position in an attractive rural location within a short distance of the A21. It has been a happy home for the current owners for the past 25 years and the flexible accommodation is arranged with the reception rooms on the first floor to maximise the enjoyment of the sensational views over The Weald. There is current planning permission for a two storey extension should somebody require further space and the studio/office is useful for those considering working from home with fibre broadband to the property. Main features include:
• Double solid hardwood doors opening to a spacious reception hall. Stairs rising to the landing.
• Drawing room is an impressive triple aspect room with an attractive open fireplace with marble inset and carved wooden surround. Double doors open to a superb balcony with extensive views to the west across The Weald. Steps lead down to the garden. Double doors open to the dining room.
• Dining room is dual aspect with windows to the south and double doors opening to the west facing balcony.
• Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of oak units, composite stone working surfaces, integrated AEG induction hob, double oven and microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and double doors opening to the south facing balcony.
• Cloakroom on the half landing with a circular window.
• Garden room on the ground floor is double glazed with a vaulted ceiling, tiled flooring, ceiling fan and double doors opening to the terrace.
• Main bedroom with adjoining dressing room and en suite bathroom with free-standing bath and walk-in shower.
• 3 further bedrooms one of which is utilised as a study.
• Utility room, family bathroom and shower room also on the ground floor.
Two sides of the property are enclosed by an attractive walled courtyard with mature planting of shrubs and wrought iron gates. The property is approached by a long driveway of approximately 130 m and has excellent parking and a detached double garage with two up and over doors. To one side is a useful large outbuilding, a detached studio/office insulated with water and electricity connected and greenhouse. The gardens and grounds are a real feature of the property. To the north side of the property, which is protected by its own woodland with pathways and bluebells, a large pond with a picturesque footbridge, waterfall, and lighting. To the west side of the house beneath the extensive balconies there is a veranda, terrace and sweeping lawns. To the south of the property there is a croquet lawn, hedging and screening trees and beyond the immediate garden to the west is a good size paddock with a further area of woodland.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough, Tunbridge Wells and an associated London office.Book Now
Nuthurst Street, Nuthurst, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13
A delightful character grade II listed period house believed to date from the 17th century or earlier, with many period features. Large detached annexe with extensive garaging. Paddocks. Approximatel...
Threals Lane, West Chiltington, West Sussex, RH20
An impressive family house, which has been totally refurbished to a particularly high standard, set in an elevated and exceptionally private position overlooking its own gardens, surrounded by woodlan...
Wadhurst Road, Mark Cross, East Sussex, TN6
An opportunity to acquire a superb country home in an idyllic rural location with beautiful landscaped gardens.DESCRIPTION An excellent country home providing beautifully presented and extensive flexi...