Penshurst Road, Penshurst, TN11
- High Ceilings and period features
- Terraces to East and South
- Garage and parking
- Beautiful Communal Grounds
- Penshurst Village half a mile
- Penshurst Station 2.6 miles
- No Chain
An opportunity to acquire a sensational ground floor apartment formed from the principal rooms of the original elegant villa with attractive views, beautiful grounds, located on the outskirts of this picturesque village.
Swaylands enjoys an elevated position, in an area of High Weald Outstanding Natural Beauty, with far reaching southerly views across its delightful landscaped gardens and grounds, culminating at the River Medway Swaylands is a secure development on the edge of Penshurst village which is within 0.5 of a mile. The picturesque village has a primary school, doctors surgery, tea room, garage and pub, together with the Historic nearby Penshurst Place house and gardens.
This impressive ground floor apartment is formed from some of the principal rooms of the original house with a superb feeling of light and space with high ceilings, underfloor heating with individual room thermostats and an attractive aspect across the gardens and grounds, including doors opening to an adjoining terrace. The property was extensively renovated in 2008 and retains a wealth of period features with a number of more contemporary finishes to the kitchen and bathrooms.
The main features of the property include:
• Reception hall with a cloakroom to one side and two storage cupboards.
• Drawing room which is dual aspect with a full height bay window to the side incorporating double doors to the East terrace.
• Double doors open to the dining room which again is dual aspect with two sets of high deep windows and walnut flooring.
• Kitchen/breakfast room has a range of units to floor and wall, granite working surfaces that extend to a peninsula breakfast bar, stainless steel Neff 6 burner range cooker with extractor canopy over, integrated coffee maker, wine cooler and fridge freezer. There is a full height bay window to the rear with delightful views and double doors opening to the South terrace.
• The main bedroom has two sets of windows to the front including a projecting raised bay and en suite shower room with contemporary Porcelanosa fittings, walk-in shower and vanity basin.
• Guest bedroom has a window to the South and en suite shower room with walk-in shower cubicle.
• Study/bedroom 3 with a window to the South. Storage room under the stairs off the communal hallway.
• Historical note - the principal rooms forming this apartment included the main drawing room and music room of the original house and Swaylands hosted the Prince of Wales, later to become King Edward VII, as well as Siegried Sasson and J.M. Barrie, Princess Mary of Teck (later Queen Mary)
Security gates open to Swaylands and the property has a garage and two parking spaces. The communal gardens and grounds are a real delight.
Number 3 has the benefit of a terrace to the East and South of the apartment. Beyond this is a broad terrace across the rear of the property with steps leading down through a sandstone wall to formal well stocked gardens blending into park-like land beyond including a tennis court, gym and cricket pitch for the residents' use, together with riverside woodland and a pond, in all 40 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation