Park Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
£1,850,000Offers In Excess Of
- Fantastic family home
- Mature south facing gardens
- Well presented with period features
- Home office/Gym
- 0.4 of a mile from Southborough Common
- Tonbridge station 2.6 miles
- A21 within easy reach 1.8 of a mile
- No Chain
A most attractive six bedroom Victorian villa situated close to the popular Southborough Common, providing spacious family accommodation and set in 1/3 of an acre with private gardens and grounds, an excellent detached garage and home office/gym.
The property has been a happy family home for the present owners for the last 18 years. It is a most attractive Victorian villa which retains a wealth of period features including attractive sash windows, numerous fireplaces and coved and corniced ceilings. Viewing is required to fully appreciate the extensive flexible accommodation.
The principle rooms are dual aspect and the mature gardens provide a good degree of privacy including the excellent south facing rear garden and terrace.
The main features of the property include:
• Recessed entrance porch with double doors with colour glazing opening to the impressive reception hall with stairs rising and access to the cloakroom and cellar.
• Drawing room is an attractive light room with a broad bay window with window to the side with window seat and period fireplace with marble surround.
• Snug which is dual aspect with a bay window to the front and wood burning stove.
• Impressive dining room with bay window to the rear and attractive arch window to the side, with fitted shutters and coved ceiling.
• Kitchen has a range of wooden units with granite working surfaces, twin ceramic sink, Rangemaster cooker set into recess, American fridge/freezer, double doors to the side. The room is bathed in light from the roof lantern and there is an opening through to the breakfast room with cupboards to recess.
• On the first floor the main bedroom is dual aspect with a marble fireplace and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
• Three further double bedrooms on the first floor, all with fireplaces and an excellent family bathroom with free standing bath and walk-in shower.
• Half landing with a further bathroom with free standing bath.
• On the second floor there is a good sized play room with fireplace and dormer to the rear and velux to the side and a further double bedroom 6 with fireplace and window to the front. There is also an office with window to the rear, central fireplace and interconnecting bedroom 7.
The property is approached set back from the road over a gravel driveway which culminates in a turning and parking area in front of the detached double garage with up and over doors. There is a personal door to the side opening to the utility area with stairs rising to the home office/gym. We understand that the garage has cat5 cabling and its own boiler.
To the rear of the property is a broad south facing paved terrace and dog fencing opening to an excellent level area of lawn with flower and shrub borders including laburnum, cherry trees and climbing jasmin.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation