Dewlands Hill, Rotherfield, TN6
- Commanding Views
- An Acre Garden and grounds
- Excellent Home Office
- Useful Studio with Workshop
- South Facing Terrace
- Rotherfield Village 1.4 miles
**Guide Price £1,300,000 - £1,350,000**
An impressive major portion of an imposing Edwardian mansion with stylishly presented accommodation and fabulous commanding views to the South Downs.
Dewlands Hall forms the principal part of an impressive Edwardian country house enjoying an elevated position with commanding views which has been a happy home for the current owners for some 27 years. The stylishly presented accommodation boasts some impressive rooms from the original main house including a fantastic drawing room with large windows making the most of the southerly views. The accommodation is flexible in nature with an adaptable garden level studio and an excellent home office above the garage.
The main features of the property include:
• Good size entrance hall which opens to an area with stairs rising, book shelving and a cloakroom.
• Drawing room is a fabulous space with high ceilings and oak flooring, with an expanse of large windows formed into a broad bay with a window seat from which sensational views are enjoyed. There is an impressive marble fireplace set into a large recess with a further window. A door to one side leads to an inner lobby with spiral staircase down to the garden level.
• Kitchen with a good range of units to floor and wall, integrated oven, microwave and dishwasher, electric hob with stainless steel canopy over, window to the rear and opening through to the excellent dining room with high ceilings and two windows to the front.
• Excellent sun room opening to a conservatory which in turn opens to a side terrace with a glorious view.
• On the first floor is the main bedroom with two windows to the view, built-in wardrobe cupboards and en suite bathroom with cast iron bath.
• Four further bedrooms on this level, one of which is currently used as a study and a family bathroom.
• There is a separate door to the garden level studio which has a workshop to one side, quarry tiled floor and additional door to the garden.
There is a gravel driveway leading to a parking area with additional parking in front of the detached double garage with electric up and over door and personnel door. External stairs rising to home office with two velux windows and window to one side. There is a broad paved terrace at two levels to the rear, areas of lawn, mature shrubs and trees.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation