Station Road, Mayfield, TN20
- Village Home
- Fantastic Views
- Half an acre gardens
- Spacious Maisonette
- 3643 sq. ft of accommodation
- Observatory with roof terrace
- South facing balcony
An impressive individual property forming the upper floors of an imposing Victorian house with excellent spacious accommodation, period features, half acre gardens and sensational views, all within a short level walk of the village.
This spacious maisonette forms the majority of an imposing Victorian property, occupying the first and second floors with a unique roof top observatory affording sensational southerly views over the Rother valley. The property has well-proportioned rooms and retains period features including attractive fireplaces, the principal rooms enjoying views.
The property is approached via a private gate to its delightful private rear garden, from which a sandstone terrace leads to a private entrance opening to a reception hall with stairs to the first floor landing.
The main features of the property include:
• Generous sized landing with polished floorboards.
• Impressive drawing room with marble fireplace, bay window and French doors opening to a balcony which enjoys views over the gardens and far beyond to the south.
• Dining room with sash windows to the rear and a fireplace.
• Kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a modern range of units with granite working surfaces and integrated appliances, again with delightful views. Opposite is a utility room and cloakroom.
• To the front of the building is a sitting room with a fireplace and a study with bookshelves. There is also a generous bedroom with a large bay window to the front and an en suite bathroom.
• On the second floor is a family room/bedroom, three further double bedrooms and a smaller bedroom/nursery. Opposite is a useful store room.
• Stairs rise to the observatory with panelled walls and ceiling and 360 degree views, surrounded by a balustraded roof terrace; the views are breath taking.
The mature private rear gardens are most attractive with an array of shrubs, specimen trees and a magnolia.
Across the width of the rear of the property is a sandstone terrace with wisteria clad verandah, level areas of lawn and a timber store and a garden room/green house adjoining the side of the house.
The lower garden has six fruit trees and has been sown with wild flower seeds. The plot in total is about 0.5 of an acre.
To the front is a garage with additional parking.
Wealden District Council
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£900,000Offers In Excess Of
Waters Edge, Station Road, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
This stunning three storey four bedroom, three bathroom 'New England' style riverside house is situated at the end of a private gated road with large riverside garden on 0.22 acre overlookin...