Chillies Lane, High Hurstwood, East Sussex, TN6
- Fantastic views
- Delightful rural setting
- Excellent 30 'x 30' Barn/Garaging
- Adaptable Stable Block
- Swimming Pool
- No Chain
Within a mile of the favoured Ashdown Forest and with immediate access to an 18 hole golf course. A rare chance to acquire a lovely family home and lifestyle, enjoying stunning southerly views, adaptable range of outbuildings and leisure facilities. Approached over a long tree lined driveway and set in 6.5 acres.
Broom Cottage has been a happy home for the current owners for the last 21 years and is in a delightful rural setting enjoying far reaching stunning southerly views. The Ashdown Forest with 6,500 acres, made famous by the A.A. Milne Winnie The Pooh stories, is within a mile and is renowned as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its many vantage points, spectacular walking and riding.
The property has been extensively remodelled and renovated by its present owners and the gardens and grounds are well tended, making it a delightful setting, not overlooked, on the edge of the favoured hamlet of High Hurstwood in an unspoilt stretch of countryside backing onto a golf course.
The principal rooms are dual aspect, many with attractive views over its own land and the surrounding countryside.
The accommodation is arranged as follows:
• Galleried entrance hall with a cloakroom to one side and stairs rising.
• Drawing room 2611 x 15 5 with an open fireplace with inset wood burner, wooden surround, window to the front and windows and doors to the rear garden.
• Dining room through double doors from the drawing room with windows to front and side with door to the kitchen/breakfast room.
• Kitchen/Breakfast room with a good range of wooden units, oil fired Aga, built-in dishwasher, windows to either side with attractive views and doors opening to the conservatory.
• Utility room with provision for washing machine and tumble dryer, from the kitchen there is a second staircase to the first floor.
• Dual aspect sitting room with a wood burner with brick hearth and door to an adjoining study which is triple aspect and has doors to the garden.
• Spacious first floor landing off which there are two staircases and airing cupboard.
• Principal bedroom with a balcony terrace with far reaching views to the east and south towards Eastbourne and en suite bathroom with corner bath and walk in shower.
• Guest bedroom with en suite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms and 2 further shower rooms (one en suite).
There are electric gates opening to an impressive long tree-lined driveway with tempting views opening to the southeast. Further five bar gate opening to an extensive parking area with a screening hedge to one side with mature shrub flower borders in front of the property.
Leisure complex with spa room with under floor heating a hot tub, shower room/changing room and cloakroom, 24 ft heated saltwater swimming pool in paved surround set into the east facing terrace with screening hedge sheltering this area.
There is a lawn, flower beds and pathway to a further terrace with mature rhododendrons, azaleas, 900 sq ft barn/garaging with 3 sets of double doors plus a further L-shaped stable yard with adaptable stable block with a good sized turnout area enclosed by post and rail fencing and a beech hedge
The land is arranged primarily in three paddocks and forms a delightful backdrop with uninterrupted views to the South Downs.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Fir Tree Lane, West Chiltington, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
** Guide Price £1,900,000 - £2,100,000 ** A particularly attractive New England style detached family house offering extensive accommodation in excess of 5,500 sq.ft. The house sits well b...