Stone Cross, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
- Mayfield Village centre within half a mile
- Beautiful mature gardens
- Extensive accommodation
- South facing verandah
- 0.38 of an acre
- Double garage
- Wadhurst station 5.9 miles
**Guide Price £1,250,000 - £1,300,000**
A most attractive Arts and Crafts style late Victorian village property with a wealth of period features and beautiful mature gardens of over a third of an acre, within half a mile of the village High Street.
Woodnorton is an excellent light and airy village home with a wealth of period features including ornate woodwork, numerous fireplaces and a galleried landing. Externally the attractive elevations include bay windows, veranda, brick and stone work including stone quoins and carved bargeboards. Viewing is recommended to fully appreciate this elegant home. The main features of the property include:
• South facing veranda with entrance door through to a good sized entrance hall with a central staircase turning and rising, exposed pine floor boards, feature side windows with colour glazed stain glass, ornate archway with carved surround though to an inner lobby with cloakroom, cloaks cupboard and separate WC to one side.
• The sitting room is an excellent space with bay windows, south facing to the side and west facing to the rear, open fireplace with tiled surround, door to the rear garden.
• Dining room with a bay window to the rear, fireplace with inset gas coal effect fire and tiled surround.
• Good size study with fireplace with inset gas wood burner, window to side.
• Breakfast room with built-in period corner dresser, fireplace with woodburner and opening through to the kitchen which has a good range of units with granite and oak working surfaces. Siemens double oven, gas hob with extractor hood over, integrated dishwasher, stable door to the side. Beyond the kitchen is an excellent boot room giving access to the front and a utility room with ceramic sink, range of cupboards and oak working surfaces. There is also access via an external door to a workshop with electricity and a range of storage cupboards and workbench.
• On the first floor is a generous galleried landing with central skylight and access to a large loft space for storage with two access points via integrated ladders.
• The main bedroom has a fireplace and en suite shower room with walk-in shower and disguised mirror fronted cabinet.
• Five further bedrooms three of which are good size double rooms with numerous fireplaces and built-in cupboards.
• Family bathroom with panelled bath and separate shower cubicle with power shower.
The property is approached over a shared driveway leading to its own parking area in front of a detached double garage with two sets of double doors, power and light.
The gardens and grounds are a real feature of the property. Approaching from the parking area you arrive at the south facing veranda and the paved terrace continues around to the side and rear.
There is a climbing Wisteria, ornamental Quince, Cork Screw Hazel and flower beds with spring and seasonal planting. The lawn then slopes down to a further seating area which captures the evening sun, with a garden pond. There is a Catalpa (Indian Bean tree), Magnolia, mature Tulip tree and an array of shrubs and trees including Azalea and Rhododendrons and at the foot of the garden is an area arranged more as a woodland area with impressive composting compartments and a screened off area with a Gabriel Ash cedar greenhouse and garden shed with separate access to the drive.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Bullingstone Lane, Speldhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
An opportunity to acquire a much improved Victorian extended cottage in an idyllic quiet country lane between Speldhurst and Penshurst with beautiful gardens and grounds including an attractive spring...